Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I am Attracted to Steve Buscemi.

I've never been able to claim that I have conventional taste in men.
In fact, amongst a few friends of mine there is a distinction constantly made between "hot" and "Reb-hot".

For instance, while telling me that a new co-worker would be right up my alley, a friend might say, "Yeah man! He's Reb-hot, you'll love him!"

So, what does Reb-hot entail and why would I (as opposed to any other girl) be likely to swoon over said potential boy?

In a nutshell:

Extreme Nerdery + Skinniness + Smartassery = REBHOT. 
(skateboard and guitar optional, but welcome)

It goes without saying then, that my track record is perhaps one of the most amusing amongst all of my pals. Barely an eyelid is batted when I say things like, "Do any of you guys find Philip Seymour Hoffman attractive? I mean, in a sorta weird yet awesome way?"

Which brings me to the point of this post. I have recently discovered and finally started watching Boardwalk Empire. It's amazing. It really is. Not least of all because it stars one of my all-time very favourite celebrity crushes, Mr Steve Buscemi. 

Hot stuff.
What is it about him? Is it the crooked teeth? The slightly googly eyes? The whiny voice? The awkwardness? Or is it a little of everything? Is it disconcerting that he reminds me of my last boyfriend? Or rather, that he reminded me a lot of Steve Buscemi? Sigh.

Whether it be getting killed off in the films of the Coen brothers, or being killed off in Armageddon, or being killed off in Tarantino films, or being one of my Favourite Romantic Leads Ever in Ghost World ... he's amazing. I remember playing "Marry/Boff/Kill" with Mitch, namely one particular game in which he asked me "Steve Buscemi, Philip Seymour Hoffman or Jean Reno?" over dinner. I think I actually cried/yelped/moaned in pain, causing fellow diners to look over, alarmed. I think I ended up choosing to Marry Mr Buscemi. Such is my love.

All swooning and dumbassery aside though it really is a goddamn delight to see him as the leading man in such a superb TV show.



3 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything yet cause I cbf...later later. Maybe I can find an app for this on my phone.

    BUT you should make youtube videos for money. You could be the new Natalie Tran....but chilean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie from AdelaideFebruary 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM

    My daughter has similar parameters to "Extreme Nerdery + Skinniness + Smartassery" but instead of Steve B, its Michael Cera - both very similar apart from the age!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. I was so scared there was something seriously wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete