Friday, November 2, 2012

Blogging from the Road

You thought I'd forgotten about you, right? Hah! Think again. I've told myself that I'm going to blog every (week)day for two weeks, and achieve that I shall. Even if it kills me.

Good evening from Beechworth! And good evening from the tiny keyboard of my phone. I'm currently road-tripping with a posse of friends to Thredbo (I think), to hang out and climb a mountain of some sort (I think?) over Cup Weekend. To be honest, it was one of those things that I readily agreed to months and months ago, and subsequently tuned out of the flurry of Facebook messages that were involved in the actual organisation of the holiday. As a result, November rolled around and I realised I was going to spend five days as a single person with four couples. Which is cool, and I'm sure it'll be a blast of a weekend full of laughs and food and good times, but I also am bracing myself for continually being reminded of how very outside of a committed relationship full or otherwise of public displays of affection I am. In fact, I can hear Mike making out with his girlfriend RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW I can hear kissing noises. I don't think I've ever met a couple who kisses as loudly as they. But that's neither here nor there.

There's one other Lone Ranger coming apparently, as a replacement for a couple that had pulled out. I guess I can only hope that we get along somewhat well.

In any case, that's what I'm doing. Road tripping, and blogging every (week)day for two weeks. I feel like I've neglected y'all in too rude a fashion for far too long. I could bust out the excuses and reasons (and believe me, there are ample), but I suppose actions speak louder than words.

Gird your loins for some regular posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment