Thursday, February 14, 2013

Comedy Stylin'


I've made a decision that could end up being either an amazing move, or the Worst Decision I've Ever Made. Basically I'll come out feeling victorious, or in dire need of therapy for years to come. I can't really imagine it being anything much in between those two extremes.

I've decided to enter Raw Comedy.

I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to sign up, but I did.

Actually, I lie. I'm pretty sure I can actually pinpoint my thought process and motivation.

Firstly, Mitch has always told me he'd like to see me onstage attempting standup comedy. He's obviously biased, but I have to admit that I do feel a sense of accomplishment and victory when I make someone whose opinion I value erupt into cackles of laughter. So I felt good for a bit, then forgot all about any notion to give it a go.

Then, I spent a few months being unemployed and job-hunting, to very limited success. I guess signing up was my weirdsville way being proactive, even if it was just to do something fucking absurd.

So now I've got to do it. The time has come for me to actually follow through with what I said I'd do and I am FUCKING ABOUT TO CRAP MY DACKS, I kid you not guys.

At some points I'll be quietly okay about it, thinking Oh yeah, this won't be so bad. I make my friends laugh all the time! ... and then I'll think about it some more and I'll begin to panic and sweat and I'll need to sit down.

But I'm going to do it. Because I've told just about everyone I know that I'm doing it, and I tested some "material" on the guys I'm working with at the moment and the more people I get to come, the more like a coward I'll feel if I pussy the hell out. I think now I almost don't even care if I win or if I do particularly well, as long as I do that. Actually, I take that back. I'd love to do well. But mostly, I just want to prove that I can do it.

I CAN'T PUSSY OUT NOW. I MADE A FACEBOOK EVENT, YO.

If this looks like the kind of silliness you'd be into, come along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment